Natural Beauty: Tarte Maracuja Oil

Not long ago, I received a trial size of Tarte Maracuja Oil, which is passion fruit seed oil. The trial size lasted me for about two weeks, and I just recently ran out. Today I wanted to share my thoughts about this product as well as compare it to coconut oil, which I have been using as a facial moisturizer for about four months now.


face oils

face oils

Pros:

1. I definitely noticed an improvement in my skin when I used Tarte Maracuja Oil. It was brighter and softer. My skin did get a little oily midday (more so when compared to coconut oil), but that is usual for me. 

2. It absorbs into the skin much faster than coconut oil.

Cons:

1. This stuff is veryyyy expensive with 3.4 oz costing $90! In comparison, a 860 ml jar of organic virgin coconut oil is about $20. I've been trying to find a generic passion fruit seed oil online, but so far I haven't had much luck.

2. There are tons of complaints online about the packaging, which is a bottle with a dropper. I don't love the packaging either and would prefer a bottle with a pump. However, lots of oils, such as Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil are packaged the same way.

3. The back of the bottle says to use 2-3 drops per use, but I found that I needed more like 5-6 drops of product to feel like it was hydrating my skin. Maybe this was due to the fact that I was using the trial size product with a smaller dropper?

Conclusion:

Is Tarte Maracuja Oil worth the money? It's a lot of money for a very small amount of product. For now I will stick to my much less expensive and versatile coconut oil.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently Coveting: Bar Carts

April Favourites!

February Favourites!