Drugstore Find: Physicians Formula Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder

Physicians Formula isn't the most popular drugstore makeup brand by any means, so today I am devoting this post to their Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder. This little gem has been one of my go-to products for years. This product seems to be completely one of a kind as I'm not aware of anything similar, either drugstore or high end.


Correcting Powder Review

Physicians Formula describes this products as a 3-in-1 corrector, primer and powder that "colour corrects the most common skin imperfections, smoothes skin texture and evens out skin tone." It is available in four shades, Translucent, Creamy Natural, Buff Beige and Natural Beige, and it costs $19.99. Each shade combines yellow, pink, green and beige coloured powders. Yellow cancels out purple/blue under eye circles on olive skin tones, pink highlights and cancels out purple/blue under eye circles on fair and light skin tones, and green cancels out redness.


Correcting Powder Review

I use this powder as a primer. Every liquid primer that I've ever tried has been too heavy for my skin and has broken me out, so this product is perfect for evening out my skin tone and providing a nice base for my foundation. For reference, I have very fair skin with pink undertones. When I have a blemish, I also use the green powder to set my concealer. It does a terrific job of cancelling out the redness of the blemish as well as giving me a bit more coverage that sometimes even the best concealer can't provide.


Correcting Powder Review

prefer to use a fluffy powder brush with this product rather than the brush that comes with it. A little goes a long way and it can settle into fine lines, so use it sparingly and tap off your brush to remove excess powder before you apply it. The $19.99 price tag is kind of steep for a drugstore product, but this powder lasts for a long time and for me, its benefits outweigh the price.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently Coveting: Bar Carts

January Favourites!

April Favourites!