Natural Beauty: Tarte Rainforest After Dark Colored Clay Eye and Cheek Palette

If you read my July Favourites post, you'll know that I recently purchased the limited edition Tarte Rainforest After Dark Colored Clay Eye and Cheek Palette. Today I thought I would review and swatch this palette for you.

tarte rainforest after dark palette swatches

Although Tarte Cosmetics is one of my favourite beauty brands, they are not well known for their eyeshadows. In fact, they don't have any eyeshadows in their regular product line, and the only time they seem to be released is in limited edition palettes. I've tried their eyeshadows in the past, and I loved the formulation. As always, these products are formulated without parabens or phthalates. 

tarte rainforest after dark palette swatches

This is the third disk palette that Tarte has released, and the first one that I've purchased. What initially caught my eye is the fun packaging as well as the eyeshadows, which are perfect colours for my green eyes. It's rare that I find a palette where all the shades seem made for me.

This palette is a steal at $46. It contains six eyeshadows (3 plummy colours and 3 gold/brown colours), bronzer, highlighter and a full-size blush. The packaging is very sturdy, so you can throw it into your bag without worry, and the mirror is nice and big for touch-ups on the go. It's also great for travel as you can get a variety of different looks from this one palette.

tarte rainforest after dark palette swatches

The shades are as follows:
  • Bare to Explore (matte pink beige eyeshadow)
  • Make a Mauve (plum mauve eyeshadow with shimmer)
  • Plum Away With Me (dark plum eyeshadow with shimmer)
  • Up to No Gold (gold eyeshadow with shimmer)
  • Tan-gled up in You (matte tan eyeshadow)
  • Don't Turn a Brown (matte dark brown eyeshadow)
  • Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Unleased (matte nude rose)
  • Mineral Powder Bronzer in Park Ave Princess (matte golden brown)
  • Amazonian Clay Shimmering Powder in Champagne (sheer gold with shimmer)
All the products in this palette are so soft and smooth. If you're looking for intensely pigmented eyeshadows, this palette is not for you. Instead they are soft and pretty, making them great for a natural, everyday look. However, they can be built up and smoked out. The blush, bronzer and highlighter are more pigmented than the eyeshadows, but still very soft. Everything is very long lasting, even on my oily skin, and I haven't had to worry about any fall out from the eyeshadows. 

tarte rainforest after dark palette swatches
Top: L-R: Bare to Explore, Make a Mauve, Plum Away with Me
Bottom: L-R: Up to No Gold, Tan-gled up in You, Don't Turn a Brown

tarte rainforest after dark palette swatches
L-R: Champagne, Park Ave Princess, Unleashed

All the colours in this palette suit my cool, fair complexion and green eyes nicely. They are quite neutral, so I can see them working well on cool, warm and neutral skin tones. If you are looking for a multi-purpose palette that is great for everyday, I highly recommend this palette!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently Coveting: Bar Carts

January Favourites!

April Favourites!