Shape Up Challenge: Healthy Snacks

This is the fifth post in my Shape Up Challenge series

It's almost the end of June, which means that this is the last post in my Shape Up Challenge series. If you took part, I hope you are feeling great and are ready for the summer! For my last post in this series, I'm sharing some healthy snack ideas. If you are anything like me, you have no problem with sticking to eating healthy meals, but it's the snacking that always gets you. The best way to make a satisfying snack is to make sure that it contains a mix of protein, healthy carbs and healthy fats. Below are some of my favourite snacks!


Hummus and Veggies



The veggies contain healthy carbs, while the hummus provides you with protein and healthy fats.

Whole Grain Crackers with Natural Peanut Butter



You can also try other nut butters, hummus or even mashed avocado. Make sure your crackers contain 100% whole grains though!

Plain Yogurt with Fruit and Walnuts or Almonds

the best healthy snacks

The yogurt contains protein, the fruit healthy carbs and the nuts healthy fats. Make sure you use plain yogurt so don't get all that added sugar.

Homemade Muffin

the best healthy snacks

This recipe for banana quinoa muffins by Tina from Carrots 'N' Cake is one of my favourites. I used a little less sugar, substituted whole wheat flour for all-purpose and left out the raisins to make them a little healthier. I also like these sweet potato muffins

Healthy Granola Bars



Check the label to make sure your granola bars contain protein, fibre, 8 grams of sugar or less, and no crazy ingredients. I also like Lara Bars and Quaker Harvest Crunch Ancient Grains Granola Bars, or you can even make your own

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently Coveting: Bar Carts

April Favourites!

Natural Beauty: What's in Your Skin Care?