Fashion Favourites: Fall/Winter 2014 Shows

Paris Fashion Week came to a close yesterday, officially marking the end of Fashion Month until September. I look forward to the fall shows each year as I favour dark colours, knits, (faux) fur and leather over spring styles. I thought that the fall shows were really strong this year, and as a fashion lover, I thought it would be fun to share with you my favourite shows from New York, London, Milan and Paris.

1. New York: Jill Stuart 


I love Jill Stuart's edgy, rock and roll vibe. Stuart's inspiration was the 1970s, and her collection featured mini dresses, wool coats and lots of leather.

 2. London: Burberry

Christopher Bailey just keeps getting better and better. His collection was absolutely gorgeous, featuring colourful hand painted fabrics, dresses and trench coats. This show was my favourite of Fashion Month.

3. Milan: Giorgio Armani


The Max Mara show featured tons of coats in traditional English and Scottish fabrics. While the coats were the star of the show, knits and pencil skirts were also heavily featured.

4. Paris: Saint Laurent


I think that Hedi Slimane is doing a fantastic job as Creative Designer at Saint Laurent. This collection was a nod to the 1960s, and featured a dark colour palette and lots of texture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently Coveting: Bar Carts

April Favourites!

February Favourites!