Drugstore Find: Essence Lipstick

A few months back, I blogged about an Essence blush. Today I thought I would share a new beauty favourite with you, which happens to be another Essence product.


best drugstore lipstick

 Essence is without a doubt the most affordable drugstore line at my local Shoppers Drug Mart, with products ranging from about $1.99 to $5.99. The product range almost looks a bit juvenile due to the packaging (and its low price),which may make it seem like not a serious cosmetics line. However, the Essence products that I've tried are among the best drugstore products I own, and definitely rival products from Revlon and Loreal, the "high-end" brands of the drugstore. Their I Love Extreme Volume Mascara and Gel Eyeliner are cult beauty favourites.


best drugstore lipstick


I recently picked up Essence Lipstick in All About Cupcake and Like a Lady for $2.49 each. All About Cupcake is a cool toned pinky nude while Like a Lady is a cool toned dark pink. Like a Lady is not on Essence's website, which makes me think that it is discontinued, but the shade Almost Famous looks quite similar.


best drugstore lipstick

These lipsticks are just as good as ones that I've paid $30 for at Sephora. They are intensely pigmented, have excellent colour payoff, and are super creamy and moisturizing. I love the formula and I prefer it to other lipsticks such as the Revlon Super Lustrous line as those lipsticks tend to dry out my lips almost immediately after application. I also can't believe how long these lipsticks last on my lips; I can go hours and hours without having to reapply. In fact when I swatched both colours for this post, I had to use makeup remover and scrub the swatches to remove them from my arm. I recently went out to dinner with my sister and our friend. I was wearing this lipstick, while my sister was wearing Mac and our friend Tarte. My lipstick far outlasted the others'. If these lipsticks are available where you live, give them a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed!


best drugstore lipstick
$2.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada, and Ulta, Walgreens and Fred Meyer in the USA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently Coveting: Bar Carts

April Favourites!

Natural Beauty: What's in Your Skin Care?