Entertaining Idea: Taco Bar

Let me start this post off by saying that it is a blogging fail. I only have one picture to share with you, and admittingly it's not even a very good one as I took it with my phone for Instagram purposes. Originally I was not going to blog about this, but have decided to do so. I love to have friends over for dinner at my apartment. If you've ever thrown a dinner party before, you know how stressful it can be cooking and serving multiple courses, especially with a small kitchen. Mexican food has been having a moment lately, so for my latest dinner party, I decided to do a taco bar.

Taco bars are quite simple and are a great way to accommodate meat eaters, vegetarians and vegans. You can have as few or as many ingredients as you want. The best part is that many of these ingredients don't require cooking. Along with tortillas, I chose to serve ground beef, sauted peppers and onions, black beans, shredded romaine lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, sour cream and homemade guacamole. Corn salsa, jalapeno peppers, diced tomatoes and cilantro would also be great, or you could try fish tacos instead.

As an appetizer, you can't go wrong with chips and guacamole. I don't feel like a side dish is necessary, but if you want to serve your tacos alongside something, try Mexican rice. Serve your meal with an ice cold Mexican beer, sangria or mojito, or keep it simple and serve sparkling water and lemon. For dessert, I served homemade vanilla cupcakes, but if you want to keep it (more) authentic, try ice cream with pineapple and mango, Mexican hot chocolate, churros (make them yourself or buy them), or if you're feeling ambitious, tres leche cake.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Currently Coveting: Bar Carts

January Favourites!

April Favourites!